Guiding principles of Robertsport Community Works, adapted from the Surfrider Foundation:
1. We are grounded on the principles of a community-based approach to environmentally sustainable development, and will work to foster and support the entrepreneurial spirit within and around the local Robertsport community.
2. We recognizes the biodiversity and ecological integrity of Liberia’s coasts are necessary and irreplaceable. We are committed to preserving natural living and non-living diversity and ecological integrity of the coastal environment.
3. We are dedicated to enhancing tourism and wave-riding opportunities in ways that will positively impact the Robertsport community and not adversely impact nearshore ecosystems.
4. We are dedicated to enhancing sustainable energy, food systems and recycling within the Cape Mount County and Robertsport community, promoting local food production and renewable energy systems.
5. We believe that education is essential to the future health and wellbeing of Cape Mount County and the Robertsport community. We seek to develop programs and utilize educational materials that are informative, factual, proactive, synergistic and fun.
6. We strive to be accurate and nonpartisan in our communications with its members and the general public. In addition, we will express the unique values inherent in wave-riding — individualism, camaraderie, non-materialism, and an appreciation for human kind’s historic relations with the Ocean.
7. We are a grassroots organization, effective through the participation and support of the Robertsport and Cape Mount community, international and national governmental and non-governmental partners, and the private sector. Our activities emphasize the value of an involved community base.
8. We will not permit sponsors to divert the organization from its mission or projects undertaken.
9. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, or national origin for any reason.
10. Our organization and its representatives and affiliations agree to abide by these principles and all rules and regulations governing non-profit organizations.